Reel Deal Fishing Charters continues to monitor the latest coronavirus developments and guidance from local authorities, the Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization. The health and well-being of our customers, Captains and the surrounding community is of the utmost importance to us.
- Massachusetts has announced charter fishing can resume on Monday, May 25th! We are taking reservations for fishing trips on May 25, 2020 and after. Our boats are ready for the fishing season!
- We will be following all the required procedures to re-open.
- We are still able to operate with a 6-passenger maximum for striped bass fishing trips and 4-passenger maximum for tuna trips.
How will we handle the 6' social distancing recommendation? On our 33' Invincible boat and 26' SeaCraft boats, we recognize that given the nature of fishing, the Captain and all anglers on board will not be consistently 6' apart during the length of a fishing charter. Therefore we are requiring face coverings of everyone on board and increased sanitation of high touch surfaces to protect everyone on board. We also will not be organizing shared fishing charters. Please remember this is an open air outdoor activity on open center console fishing boats.
- Any person with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 may not board our vessels. Customers presenting COVID-19 symptoms should contact us to reschedule their trip.
- Our Captains and crew will be subject to a daily health screening including temperature checks.
- Face coverings are required and we will have coverings available for those who arrive without them. Our Captains will be wearing face coverings whenever they do not compromise safe operation of the vessel.
- Hand sanitizer is available on board our vessels as well as soap and other cleaning supplies.
- Additional cleaning protocols will occur during and in between charters of high touch areas including hand rails, fishing reels, and other surfaces.
- The Captain will assign fishing equipment to each angler to limit shared fishing equipment to the maximum extent possible.
More Details to Know for your 2020 Fishing Charter
- The day before your fishing charter, we will ask for a list of all anglers in your group with one contact method per angler, by either phone or e-mail.
- Our Captains will be wearing gloves whenever they do not compromise safe navigation. We will have gloves available for customers who would like them.
- We love our customers, but Captains will not be shaking hands or accepting hugs from customers. We may not allow a passenger to sit directly next to the Captain while navigating.
- We will do our best to accommodate requests for a particular Captain, however we may need to modify requests based on available staff.
- We will be providing customers with small garbage bags to tend to their own garbage, which we will ask they take with them off the boat. There will be no trash receptacles on the boat.
- We have our own ice machine and all ice on the boat will only be handled by the Captain.
- We will not be offering rain gear this season until research is complete on how to best clean rain gear in between trips.
- We will not be organizing shared fishing charters this season. All fishing charters will be private groups.
- PARKING: The parking regulations at Pamet Harbor do not allow OUT-OF-STATE registered vehicles to park in the main parking lot. If your vehicle is not registered to Massachusetts, please use our alternate parking location which will be attached to the confirmation sent the day before your trip. If your vehicle is registered to Massachusetts, then you may park in the single spaces in the front row of the main parking lot.
All trips booked before 3/17/20, were under our deposit policy which requires 30 days notice of cancellation in order refund or transfer your deposit to a new date.
All trips booked after 3/17/20, were under our deposit policy which requires 30 days notice of cancellation in order transfer your deposit to a new date. Deposits can be transferred only, no refunds.
However, we are immediately modifying this to 7 days notice of cancellation in order to transfer your deposit to a new date.
Therefore if you are thinking you may want to cancel your trip, you would need to let us know by 7 days before your departure date to transfer your deposit to a new date. We would not need to know the new date at the time of cancellation.
If you would like a refund of your deposit and your trip was reserved before 3/17/20, you would need to cancel your trip by 14 days before your departure date. We are processing deposit requests as best we can and you may experience a delay of several weeks before receiving your refund.
Please wait as long as possible before cancelling your trips in case things stabilize, such that we can continue with a safe fishing season as planned.
We also want to make the best decisions to keep our customers and our Captains safe, above everything else. If individuals are not feeling well or are being advised to not travel, then we will work with everyone to reschedule impacted fishing charters and make exceptions to this policy.
Contact Us for any further questions or details.
- The state of Massachusetts has not banned commercial fishing. During the charter fishing closure, our boats will be commercial fishing under the endorsements we hold and will be following the current regulations to sell whole fish from our boats.
- Masssachusett's Phased Approach to Re-opening
- Provincetown Banner's article about Reel Deal Fishing Safely during the Coronavirus
- On The Water's Re-opening the Fishing Charter Fleet
- On The Water's Fishing and COVID-19
- Massachusetts COVID-19 information
"May the joy of fishing be the most contagious element of our ecosystem." --Bobby Rice
Stay safe. This isn’t forever. We will be fishing together again soon!